Receiving an award for what you do is always a boost for the morale. For me, it represents that the thought behind your efforts is getting recognized. I was honored to recently receive the Sunshine Blogger Award from a very positive person, April Huggins of April Does That. Thanks April for the nomination 🙂 .
With honor comes responsibility:
- Thank the person nominating you.
- Answer 11 questions asked in the nominating article.
- Nominate 11 other deserving bloggers and let them know about being nominated.
- In turn, present your 11 questions to the nominees.
So, here are my answers for April’s questions to the Sunshine Blogger Award awardees:
How long have you been blogging?
I launched my blog on October 15, 2016 and it has been a great learning curve.
Who are your favorite bloggers we should check out?
Exile Lifestyle by Colin Wright
Mindful art studio by Amy Maricle
Where can we find you on social media?
I am reachable on:
Facebook at www.facebook.com/nandyzsoulshine
Twitter at www.twitter.com/nandyzsoulshine
Instagram at www.instagram.com/nandyzsoulshine
pinterest at www.pinterest.com/nandyzsoulshine
Google+ at Nandyz Soulshine
Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to share with the world my passion for going back to nature for mental and physical wellbeing and hopefully help others along the way. As art is an integral part of who I am, it couldn’t obviously be left behind!
How did you come up with the name of your blog?
It’s soul talk – speaking about the things you are passionate about, from your heart. So, Nandyz Soulshine brings forth the positives in life, trying to spread the sunshine about.
What was your favorite movie as a kid?
Born Free – it was an old one but the first one I ever saw in a movie hall. So, it holds a special place.
What makes your blog special?
It’s a positive space that aims to bring you closer to the natural way of life aiming at holistic wellness. Nandyz Soulshine is geared towards infusing sunshine in our daily life whether through art, health tips, motivational talk or humor.
What was your first job?
I was an executive helping with renewal of contracts in an IT support service company.
Share the post you are most proud of.
How long does it take you to do an average post?
To finish, polish and publish an average 1000+ words post, it takes me about 3 hours.
What would you like to tell your readers?
Life offers you both positives and negatives at any given time. It’s always in our hand whether or not to look hard for the silver lining in every situation. Happiness, contentment and wellbeing – all come with the ‘intention’ to lead a positive life.
My list of questions for the Sunshine Blogger Award nominees are:
- What motivates you to blog?
- How long have you been blogging and what would be your advice to new bloggers?
- How do you like to unwind?
- What is the motto of your life?
- Which is the topmost location in your travel bucket list?
- What are your hobbies?
- Have you ever written a book or are you planning to?
- How can people connect with you on social media?
- Do you like the mountains or the seaside better?
- What would be your three wishes if you had a genie in a magic lamp? (“more wishes” not allowed as a wish 🙂 )
- Any nuggets of wisdom to your readers out there?
Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- The Happy Spoonie Project
- Blended Life Happy Wife
- Daily Deals from a Nerd Mom
- Queen Thrifty
- A Passion for Positivity
- The Mama Maven
- World in Paris
- Angie the Freckled Rose
- Walkabout Wanderer
- The Happy Trip
- From Size Zero to Wise Hero
I have connected with all of you either through FB groups or your wonderful blogs. Your writings, experiences and musings have enriched my life and learning one way or the other. So, thank you and congratulations for this award.